Monday, February 20, 2012

L.A. Zine Fest ⁂

Sunday's inaugural L.A. Zine Fest at Spring Street's The Last Bookstore went awesomer than I expected. An organizer and my friend both said that L.A. stole the thunder of the San Francisco namesake in terms of attendees. KXLU and L.A. Record, as well as cassette tapes joined in on the hoopla, too.
Zine content from CIA conspiracies to blameworthy subjects to homosatire were available from as cheap as free 99 (or trade) to no more than $20.
I forgot to bring ca$h, but the perks of not carrying around change eventually made up for it. I got a "Modern Dullard" zine for $3 and "Shut the Fuck Up" button-looking beer bottle opener for free!
So the whole intention of zines pretty much surpasses that of photographs in terms of conveying raw passion and a childlike extension of the mind. Or at least, that's how I feel about it!


















No comments:

Post a Comment